Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Fear over supposed risk "HIV and raves"
Apr 6, 2012

I was at a rave the other day and while I was walking up the stairs some guy comes from behind and i feel something prick my back. On the same night, as i was walking down the stairs a girl comes down and pricks me on my left shoulder. The prick to the shoulder definitely hurt a lot more than the prick to the back. I am wondering if there is any chance of me getting some kind of infection, like HIV or HBV or something like that. i have been looking around the site and i see some answers but i don't think i came across a question where someone got pricked twice in a day. i am kind of worried and don't know when i should get my blood checked. PLEASE HELP ME. I AM SO SCARED.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Sounds like a hard situation to know exactly what happened, I can understand how it's weighing on your mind.

A "prick" on your back then on your shoulder is hard to interpret. Could have been needles (but what are the odds?), but maybe in that environment (with recreational drugs perchance?) it was something else that just felt like a prick..

That said, there's no real harm in getting tested. How about just making sure you get tested during your next physical. If your anxiety feels like too much to handle, getting tested now can't hurt. Also, talking to a mental health professional can help you manage your fear.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Previous
Anxiety over the saliva of HIV+ person "FIFTH TIME...help"
Next
"Have I put my self at risk 4 times?!?"

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.