Fear over supposed risk "HIV and raves"

I was at a rave the other day and while I was walking up the stairs some guy comes from behind and i feel something prick my back. On the same night, as i was walking down the stairs a girl comes down and pricks me on my left shoulder. The prick to the shoulder definitely hurt a lot more than the prick to the back. I am wondering if there is any chance of me getting some kind of infection, like HIV or HBV or something like that. i have been looking around the site and i see some answers but i don't think i came across a question where someone got pricked twice in a day. i am kind of worried and don't know when i should get my blood checked. PLEASE HELP ME. I AM SO SCARED.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Sounds like a hard situation to know exactly what happened, I can understand how it's weighing on your mind.

A "prick" on your back then on your shoulder is hard to interpret. Could have been needles (but what are the odds?), but maybe in that environment (with recreational drugs perchance?) it was something else that just felt like a prick..

That said, there's no real harm in getting tested. How about just making sure you get tested during your next physical. If your anxiety feels like too much to handle, getting tested now can't hurt. Also, talking to a mental health professional can help you manage your fear.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Anxiety over the saliva of HIV+ person "FIFTH TIME...help"
"Have I put my self at risk 4 times?!?"