Anxiety over the saliva of HIV+ person "FIFTH TIME...help"

My hand came in contact with salivia from an hiv positives persons mouth. I had an open cut at the time, and was wondering if there is any risk. thank you

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for the question,

There's absolutely no risk of getting HIV from a person's saliva.

You may read things online that say how saliva contains trace amounts of the virus.. while this is true, it's never enough or intact enough to infect. Never.

You could have a huge open cut and tons of saliva on it from an HIV+ person. There would be no risk for HIV from that. None.

Hope this helps!

Erik

visit to a gyno
Fear over supposed risk "HIV and raves"