HIV False Positive?

Hello! I went for an HIV Oraquick test this morning, which produced a faint red line in the T column. They drew blood and I should know the results in a week.

Later today, I had another test by another facility, and the test turned up negative. I was wondering, if the second test , and the thin red line of the first test, point more towards a false positive for the first test.

Thank you for your help!

I think you are right. You may not know it from reading some of the questions to this forum, but HIV antibody testing with an ELISA or EIA test is actually TOO sensitive. It is designed to be that way intentionally to not miss infections.

The blood test will tell you for sure, but I suspect this is a false faint line.

One caveat is that if you believe you could have been infected within the last month, the antibodies to HIV may not be at a fully detectable level. In that case other types of testing such as a p24 or PCR test would be needed to determine if you have been infected with HIV

DW.

Anal Sex and HIV/AIDS????
pillow sex