Anal Sex and HIV/AIDS????

Hi, My boyfriend and I have been contemplating having anal sex. He is my first partner and only. He's had some before me and says he has no STDs which I do believe. Neither of us have HIV/AIDS. If we DO have anal sex, what is the safest way to do it (with a condom that is)? I am afraid of getting it and am still uncertain of the idea. Any suggestions? Also, which Lubricants would be best to use?

Latex condoms are what you need. And lube, lots of lube. You need to use lubricants that are latex friendly. That means a lube that is water-based like Astroglide or KY Jelly (oil based lubricants destroy latex).

There are several serious how-to websites for anal sex first timer. A quick shake of the Google wand found:

http://sexsecrets.wordpress.com/2007/12/07/10-steps-to-great-first-time-anal-sex/ http://sexuality.about.com/od/tipstechniques/a/first_anal_sex.htm

33 opportunistic infections?
HIV False Positive?