Oraquick Rapid HIV Test Chewed Gum Before Testing
Mar 29, 2012
I had taken a oraquick oral test the other day at a testing center. It has been 3 years since the last time unprotected sex. The test had a control line and was negative. But about 5 minutes before the test I was chewing on a piece of gum. And oraquick instructions state not to test until 15 minutes have past. Could this mess up my test results? Or is it a valid negative? Thanks!
Response from Dr. Wohl
Probably okay. If worried do it again. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Tongue An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Swollen Glands After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Have Sex While Being Treated For Std?
- How Do You Get Rid Of Vaginal Cysts?
- Red Bumps On The Vaginal Area With White Heads On Them
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.