Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Protected sex with Passionate Kissing
Mar 29, 2012

In January of 2012 I had sex with an Asian Girl in China with a condom. The problem was that I was kissing this girl with very bad chapped lips due to the cold weather. I don't know if this girl had any type of STD because this sexual activity was a one night stand. I kissed her lips and Frenched kissed her a couple of times. I washed my teeth about 30 minutes before our one night stand, so my worries are that I could of had cut my gums and contracted HIV. Also, my lips were very badly chapped and we Frenched kissed some time. Is this sexual encounter do you think doctor that this was a high risk.

I tested for STDs in a California Free clinic 60 days after this exposure and tested negative. The clinic took blood and send it to the lab. I don't know what you call this type of test and what generation of testing was used, but this 60 day test was negative. I will get retested at my 90 day mark. Do you think I was at high risk.

I am worried because at day 65 I got a swollen gland in my left ear and a swollen gland in the left side of my throat. There is no pain, no fever only sore throat that has lasted fore around 20 days.

Thank you

I am

Response from Dr. Wohl

Where is the risk? Kissing does not do it (chapped lips or not). You used a condom and that is why we call this safe sex, because it is safe.

The lymph node should be checked by a doctor but I am very doubtful it has anything to do with your encounter.

DW

Previous
possible blood splash in eye
Next
Please i need help! Am i infected indeed

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.