cure

Hi, So I saw some info from the Seattle conference. The idea of a cure seems rather hopeless and remote for a very long time. (if ever) I would like your opinion on it if you wouldn't mind responding. Thank you, J

At the conference, my colleague David Margolis, presented data from a small study looking at using a cancer drug that can turn on a signal that allows HIV to replicate in cells where it is usually dormant. A single dose of the drug did increase the number of these cells that had HIV turned on. That is good as then HIV meds can work.

I am very optimistic that this and other approaches will lead to a cure eventually. I do not think it is at all hopeless.

HIV, etc., exposure from bandaid
possible blood splash in eye