Unprotected sex while on a break from relationship "17 years old think its over now.."

I have unprotected sex with my girlfriend and when we were on a break I had unprotected sex with another female and a week later i was sick for couple of days now ive had a sore throat for 3 weeks. hurts when I swallow especially late night and when I wake up. I recently had diarrehea lately and me and my girlfrien got back together right after and had sex now she has a yeast like white fish smelling substance. Please help,

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

It's hard to know for sure if the sex you had with the girl who wasn't your girlfriend gave you a STD. The symptoms you describe don't point directly to an STD, that's important to say. They could be explained by other things.

It's important for you and your girlfriend to be tested for HIV/STDs at the 3 month point. In the mean time, using condoms may be helpful. This is important for all sexually active people.

This is going to take being open and honest about your sexual history with your girlfriend. She needs to be honest with you too btw. Between getting everything out on the table and you both getting tested, you can both continue forward knowing for sure what your statuses are.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Testing after unprotected anal sex, "Is it conclusive enough...?"
A unique situation... are you up for the challenge?