Possible causes of "Itching penis"

For the past 10 days or so the tip of my penis has itched. I thought it might be chlamydia and went to a clinic. They didn't test me, but gave me meds for chlamydia and gonnorhea. After three days, there's still no difference.

There's no discharge from my penis, no pain, no sores, no fever or or swollen glands or any other symptoms. It's just that the tip really itches. I thought it might be herpes, but again there are no other symptoms and the people I've spoken to who have herpes told me that itching during a herpes outbreak is always followed by sores, at least very small sores, shortly after. After almost two weeks I haven't had that.

I'm going to the doctor on Friday, but was wondering if anyone here had any similar experiences.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Typically when there's something like Chlamydia or Gonorrhea, people report more of a painful itching when they pee. This doesn't exactly sound like the case with you (I'm saddened that they didn't test you before giving out medication..).

It could be herpes because itching can happen with a visible sore.

BUT, another possibility is that the skin at the tip of your penis is irritated. That can happen from using new laundry detergent, trauma to the penis, or even masturbating dry.

I'm glad to hear that you're going to the doctor soon. That should give you a better idea of what's going on. It may be that this has nothing to do with a STD at all.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Low Risk HIV is the same as HIV Negative?
When can I stop worrying about a HIV infection.