Indeterminate Anti-Hiv test and Negative PCR test

Dear Dr. Wohl,

I live in Thailand. I had sex with a prostitute twice on Jan 20th. I used condom but I was not sure whether it was broken or not. She had oral sex (no condom and I touched it) for me when I was cum. She had orthodontics with her teeth. After that there was no cut on my penis. However, I felt hurt (may be from the intensely sex) for a couple of days. On Feb29th (5 weeks and 4 days from the exposure), I had an anti-hiv test and the results showed Inderterminate on ECLIA for the first test but Negative on another ECLIA and Immonochromatography anti-hiv test. Then, I tested HIV PCR on Mar 1th. And the result showed Negative. I was still not so sure about the result, so I had another Anti-HIV and HIV PCR test at another hospital on Mar 10th (7 weeks from the exposure). And both results came out Negative. The question is Am I safe now? I'm so scared in this situation. Can't sleep and can't eat.

Sounds like you are HIV negative. That first antibody test was likely false and I would trust the repeat antibody tests and the PCR. DW

Don't understand results?
Frottage and protected sex