Don't understand results?

i picked up my test results, which were done 5 months after risky incident.

The paper says the following: Test: HIV AB, HIV1/HIV2, EIA with REFL to HIV 1 WB HIV1/2 EIA AB SCREEN Result: Non-reactive

They told me I was negative. My question is... did my antibody test come back positive for them to do the refill HIV 1 WB? I thought WB were only done when a positive AB test was found. Could this possibly mean my AB test was positive? And then my WB was negative?

Please help me find out what this means? Also, can I believe these results and feel confident I am negative?

I agree, the test is unclear but I suspect it means that the order was for the EIA antibody test with a "reflex" to Western blot antibody test only if the EIA was positive. The test name would stay the same regardless of the result. I bet the EIA was negative and no Western blot was done. Call the clinic to find out.

Even if the EIA was positive (which I don't think happened), the negative Western blot means it was a false positive and that you are not HIV+.

Casual contact - why infections don't happen?
Indeterminate Anti-Hiv test and Negative PCR test