Window Period for NAAT test
Mar 28, 2012
Hello, I had a NAAT test done for HIV and chlamydia, as well as all other STD's, 8 weeks post any possible exposure. I also had an anitbody test done 9 weeks post exposure. I only received unprotected oral sex. I did not cum in the persons mouth and I did not see any cuts or blood on my penis. WHat is the window period for a NAAT test? Was my exposure a risk for HIV? Can I consider the NAAT test conclusive? I'm so worried. I have not been able to sleep over this. Thank you!
Response from Dr. Wohl
The window for HIV NAAT is measured in days. Your are fine. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- What Does It Mean When You Are Exposed To A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.