For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

I think i have hiv

about a month ago, i went to a prostitute to have sex. She gave me oral without me wearing a condom and then we had sex.. Afterwards i used the same tissue paper she used to take off my condom to clean my penis... recently i got a flu , i have a persistent coughing and diarrhea and i had some skin rashes on my ears... i read that this are signs for hiv infection.. do i have to worry?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

No, you do not have to worry. Receiving oral sex is a really low-risk activity. I would not be concerned about it. By using a condom for penetrative sex, you effectively protected yourself against HIV, so there is no worry there either. HIV does not live well outside of the body. There would be no risk from the tissue that she used to pull the condom off with. Your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV. If they persist, I would suggest a visit to the doctor to rule out other possible causes. I am confident that it is not HIV.

In health,

water confusion part 2
clear my mind please