Supposed HIV risk for "another worried well..."

Hello Dr. Glenn, furst off wanted to say thank u for taking your time out to read my post and answer my following question, and for being so offertive with your support and insight. Well this anxiety started one nite taking a train bak nd forth to a spot within the city. While we were on the train i obviously touched and gripped the handrails to take a seat/get up the regular routine. Well as we were getting off nd gripping tha rails in the process, we were walking down the exits nd i accidentally itched my nose on the inside not really a pick or even a digg for that matter but to were there was mucous on my finger... my question is, can you contract the virus from touching public transportation devices and accidentally picking your nose? I am very worried and constantly checking on reasons on whether or not you can contract it this way or another, again if u could please help me out i kno its a bit naive sounding nd mayb im jus worrying myself into a frenzy but needless to say i am worried nd if you can get bak to me wit a response whenever the liesure strikes please do let me kno jus for the sake of my mental state Thank u again

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thank you for your question,

Sounds like you are indeed what we'd call a worried well. There is absolutely no risk from touching public transportation devices or any regular surface out in the world. Regardless of if you pick your nose after or not.

Check out our article "Are You a 'Worried Well' Person?".

Following up with a therapist, counselor, or even a good trusted friend would be a good step to managing your anxiety.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Taking unprescribed to cure "syphilis" or other STDs
"Test Results" for HIV and Syphilis