Taking unprescribed to cure "syphilis" or other STDs

hi i am hiv positive guy from india recently i had receptive anal intercourse from a random guy. though he used condom, while i gave him oral, and also during sex, but i doubt if it malfunctioned. after a few days , i had severe painful lymp node swollening around my anal region and burning urination. though i checked again and again there wasnt any sore around my anal region but i had small reddish in my gum which disappered in couple of hours only. anyways. i dint see any doctor cz i was too scared to go, and it was weekend , so i took azithromycin 500 m for three days and all symptoms were gone. its almost one month, since then, i had no sore wotsoever, m healthy, no swollening, no itching, no painful urination. i am scared i might have contacted another std, syphilis,bacterial infection, and all, i am vaccinated for hep b, did my taking of azithormycin have cured wotsoever infection, i might have got. m scared?? shall i take another antibiotic

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

First off, we recommend that all sexually active get tested on a regular basis for HIV/STDs.

While you're curious about Syphilis, burning urination is more a symptom of something like Chlamydia. Which could explain why it went away after you took the Azithromycin.

Since you're HIV+, it's very important for you to have regular conversations with your doctors about your health. Having an STD can make it easier to give HIV. If you have a STD, it could also progress faster in your body if you have HIV.

Going to a doctor and getting full STD testing is the only way to make sure that you have no STDs. I couldn't tell you for certain if you're cured because we don't know what you had exactly in the first place.

Hope this helps!

Erik

scared
Supposed HIV risk for "another worried well..."