scared

Good day.

So sorry posting this question. I am too afraid and developing hupochondria and very stress the whole day thinking for the past weeks.

I had unprotected sex with a female 3 years ago. Last 2 months, i experience having some uncomfortable lymph node in my neck and my doctor requested for neck ultrasound. 2 doctors said that they cannot fell anything. My 3rd doctor requested an ultrasound in order to appease me. They discovered that i have some swollen lymphnodes in my neck, the biggest is 1 cm. part of my thyroid is also calcified and biopsy reveals benign.

I read a lot in the internet that neck lymphnodes enlargement are symptoms of hiv. I can not work anymore and my mode changed since then and cannot concentrate the whole day thinking. I always check my neck and my mouth constantly as well as my weight. I though that I am feeling some additional lymphnodes growing in my neck. I am very tired already and getting suicidal thoughts. Please help.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Swollen lymph nodes can indicate many things. When someone says their lymph nodes are swollen, my first thought is not HIV. Since this incident was a one-time occurrence, and you were the insertive partner, I would not be too concerned.

You are well outside the three month window. You should go in for an HIV test. The test will give you the answer you are looking for.

In health,

Richard

Water confusion
Taking unprescribed to cure "syphilis" or other STDs