The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Mar 27, 2012

Good day.

So sorry posting this question. I am too afraid and developing hupochondria and very stress the whole day thinking for the past weeks.

I had unprotected sex with a female 3 years ago. Last 2 months, i experience having some uncomfortable lymph node in my neck and my doctor requested for neck ultrasound. 2 doctors said that they cannot fell anything. My 3rd doctor requested an ultrasound in order to appease me. They discovered that i have some swollen lymphnodes in my neck, the biggest is 1 cm. part of my thyroid is also calcified and biopsy reveals benign.

I read a lot in the internet that neck lymphnodes enlargement are symptoms of hiv. I can not work anymore and my mode changed since then and cannot concentrate the whole day thinking. I always check my neck and my mouth constantly as well as my weight. I though that I am feeling some additional lymphnodes growing in my neck. I am very tired already and getting suicidal thoughts. Please help.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Swollen lymph nodes can indicate many things. When someone says their lymph nodes are swollen, my first thought is not HIV. Since this incident was a one-time occurrence, and you were the insertive partner, I would not be too concerned.

You are well outside the three month window. You should go in for an HIV test. The test will give you the answer you are looking for.

In health,


Water confusion
Taking unprescribed to cure "syphilis" or other STDs

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint