Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Condom Broke During Anal Penetration
Mar 26, 2012

Hi there, I was in a adult video store several days ago and went into a booth with someone I met (a stranger). I was wearing a condom but it broke while I was trying to penetrate him anally (I was to top). I did not fully penetrate him and pulled out quickly prior to any ejaculation. After taking the condom of he proceeded to use his hand to relieve me.

I washed shortly afterwards but know Im terrified that I could have contracted HIV or an STD? Can you please let me know my risk level. Also, should I get tested right away or wait several weeks? If so, what type of test should I take. Im really scared right now. actually terrified and really appreciate your guidance and insight.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Given the circumstances of this incident, transmission of HIV is highly unlikely. This was a one-time occurrence, the amount of time was brief, and you were the insertive partner. It is certainly possible that you came into contact with another STD such as Syphilis, Chlamydia, or Gonorrhea but again, given the fact that the time was so brief, it's less likely.

I would suggest a full round of STD testing, including HIV - three months from the date of incident.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Antibody Tests affected by PEP
Next
No way... The Condom Broke

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.