Unprotected sex with a prostitute

I am a 22 year old male, and had unprotected drunk sex, twice with a prostitute who insisted that she was safe so i should not use a condom. But after coming back to my senses i've become really tense. I've had fever one night of about 27.4 degrees. A sore throat for a few days but it was maybe coz i changed the brand of cigarettes. Dunno. Also due to the intense anxiety i got headaches. I got tested after 25 days. Also i think i got a swollen lymph node in my armpit. The 15 minute test and it was negative. I got tested again at 6 weeks with the p24 test and anti-Hiv1/2 test and it was also negative. 1) is it true that there should be more than one swollen lymph node that too in a different location i.e General Lymphadenopathy and not just one lymph node swelling? 2)From my situation what do you analyse and what are your suggestions? 3) Can anxiety cause most of the symptoms? Coz i have not stopped thinking about the consequences even for a minute for more than a month now. Its been 7 weeks now. Please reply. God bless you and hats off to you for doing such a good work and helping people.

Hi The standard for testing is to have the first at 3 weeks, another at 3 months and the last one at 6 months. 1) there is non general statement as to how many lymph nodes are swollen and where the are located to indicate HIV. 2) I would get the test at 6 months to ensure your status. 3) Yes anxiety can cause symptoms!

I'm glad we are able to be here for you and continue your course of testing and remember in the future to have condoms with you and insist on their use!!!

be well and stay safe, Shannon

HIV from papertowel-wiped blood?
Antibody Tests affected by PEP