Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIA throuhg this limited relation
Mar 25, 2012

Dear Doctor,

Please accept my apologize because I poor in English writing but my story is I did unprotected oral sex only one time in my life with a girl from 50 days ago the happened is, she is sucked my Penis for 2 minutes & I also Pussy his Vagina for 2 minute only without any direct sex after that some French kisses.

I am so worried about this story & I can not continue my life with my wife because I afraid to get any problem or sick from me & she is pregnant in 6 months.

My question is can I get HIV through this relation (oral sex) for some minutes as I mentioned above?

The only test her available in my country is searching Antibody test through blood it is accurate test or not & when can I do the test 50 days is enough or it must be wait or I not need to do this test?

Thank you for your cooperation & I hoping to answer as soon as possible to finalize my worried.

Kindly be informed that I did the test for this girl it is called HIV antibody by blood & the result is Negative she is not effected but my information this test for previous years not up to date & I dont know may be she is did the sex with any one at last 3 months.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi From what I understand from your question when is the time to get tested? Yes the test offered where you life is accurate. The standard for testing is the first test at 3 weeks, another at a 3 months and to be sure at 90 days. If the 90 days test is negative then you are negative from this experience. I hope this helps.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
hiv + and he is not
Next
ELFA test, please help me.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.