really worried

hi dr. i am worried please answer my question. few days ago i cut my finger, and next day i was cooking pasta for my family, while i was cooking i notice a little drop of blood on my cut, and i am not sure if it went in the pasta or not, i never have been tasted for HIV before. before i cooked the pasta it was sitting on the counter top for like few mins, and after that i put that pasta into the sauce on high heat for about 5mins and cooked them. then let it sit for another 5mins before my family and i ate them, now i am worried if by any chance if the little drop of blood did got in to the pasta before i cooked them over high heat would this danger my family would they be infected or anything? again i never been tested for HIV so i don't know..and just really worried for my family please answer my question thank you.

Hi Rest assured. First you don't know your status and if this is something you worry about you should get tested. Secondly if for some reason you have HIV once it leaves the body it dies. Going through the cooking process and sitting out for the amount of time it did, there is no chance of HIV transmission happening this way.

im scared please help and my wife is pregnant
tpha + treatment