HIV window period
Mar 24, 2012
Hi, i took an hiv test 5 months after an encounter and it was negative.. I have read extensively and i know that a 5 month test is conclusive. My question is... does excessive drinking and smoking weaken the immune system enough to delay the prescence of antibodies in a 5 month test? i have read that chemotherapy patients and intraveneous drug users take longer for the antibodies to appear. would it be the same for excessive drinking and smoking? thanks
Response from Mr. Cordova
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Purple Spots Could I Have AIDS
- Can You Get HIV From Touching A Bloody Scab?
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Getting Scratched Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.