Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

getting pregant
Mar 24, 2012

i want to know where one can go for in vitro fertilization, IVF. in the case where the man is positive and the woman is not, but they want to have a baby. I have read that it is possible. where can i find a clinic? help please.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I am not sure where you are located, so I cannot offer suggestions based on your location. You will want to look intoSperm Washing first. Sperm washing while not 100% effective, helps insure that HIV is not transmitted during the process of getting pregnant.

My suggestion is to do research on IVF clinics in your area. Find one with a good track record, and then set up an initial appointment. Talking to them may offer some next steps. It's likely that they will have resources in your area. I hope this helps. Good luck!

In health,

Richard

Previous
some closure
Next
HIV window period

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.