some closure

I had protected vaginal sex with a woman in belgium. A week after the incident I went to Africa on a work mission for two weeks. After returning from trip (3 weeks from belgium incident) I started having symptoms of malaria. Docs thought it may be malaria and ran test as well as treated me to be sure. Test were negative for malaria. During that time they ran all kinds of lab work. My proteins in the blood were at a total of 8.5. High from the standard 6.0 to 8.3. These were high during the time I was sick. They checked all my levels a month later and everything was normal to include my protein levels. The doctor decided it was a reaction to the malaria medications. I had read that high protein levels could be a signal of Hiv. After being so worried, I went to the hospital in mid november ( 3 and a half months) after incident and asked for a rapid HIV test. The doc ran it and the results were negative. Can I consider this conclusive?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Yes. A three month test can be considered conclusive. Furthermore, I would not consider protected vaginal sex a high-risk incident. Using a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex is the best way to protect yourself against HIV and many STD's. You effectively protected yourself against acquiring the virus. Be advised, some STD's are passed via skin-to-skin contact. I recommend a full round of STD testing every six months.

In health,

Richard

Enbrel and ARS
getting pregant