Enbrel and ARS

Just curious....does being on Enbrel have any affect on when ARS symptoms appear or their severity?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

This following is from a response from Dr. Bob. The full answer is here here. The same would be said for the severity of symptoms too.

"Enbrel is a protein that blocks tumor necrosis factor. It is considered to be an immunosuppressive agent. There are no clinical studies that I am aware of that have specifically evaluated whether Enbrel affects the production of anti-HIV antibodies or alters the duration of the window period. From its mechanism of action, I would not anticipate Enbrel would have a significant affect."

In health,

Richard

acquiring HIV
some closure