acquiring HIV

I recently just had unprotected sex with a man who is HIV +. he said he is on medication and his viral count is really low, undetectable. we engaged on anal sex, him being the bottom (receiver0 be being the top. What is the risk or probablity of me acquiring HIV?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Being that this was a one-time occurrence, he is undetectable, and you were the insertive partner it's likely that transmission did not occur. You can get an accurate HIV test result at the three month mark. Since he is HIV positive, it is suggested that you follow up with a six month test as well. I am confident that both tests will be negative.

Remember, using a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex is the best way to protect yourself against HIV and many STD's. Be sure to get tested for all STD's every six months or at the very least, once a year.

In health,

Richard

Help me interpret results please!
Enbrel and ARS