really scared...

I had a sex for the first time in life.. I had it with a prostitute :(. I used a condom... it did not slip or break.. but i don't know the definition of using it properly. The penetration lasted just for half a minute i suppose.. But just after it finished I got panicked about HIV. I asked that lady also. she said she gets tested every 3 months and is negative. (although i dont know whether to believe her or not).. This incidence happened 7 days back.. Although no symptoms were noticed yet.. I have sinus so generally get flu. So i got a meagre flu around 2 days back. It is a dry flu. But this feeling of contracting HIV is not getting out of my mind... I cannot concentrate properly on anything. PLEASE HELP DOC..

Hi good for you in using a condom, no matter how it was put on using one decreases your risk of getting HIV. Symptoms for HIV take quite some time to appear, so I doubt that what you are experiencing is from HIV exposure. Your stress level seems a little high so this could be adding to your fatigue level and not feeling so hot. I would definitely learn how to put a condom on you can google how to put a condom on and it will show you the right way. So is HIV transmission possible in the situation you describe, yes, probable NO.

As always if you want to be sure getting tested is the only true way to know your status.

DRINKING BEER FROM DIRTY PLASTIC CUP
PROTECTED BUT WORRIED