Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hiv risk sec whit a prostitute pls help.
Mar 17, 2012

hello doctor. i aplogize in advance because im not an english person I am writing with my self on the floor because my life revolves around HIV since August 2011. July 8 made ​​the mistake of having sex with a prostitute. (vaginal penetration using condom). end of August i get sick from strong throat infection. and then many of the prime infection symptoms. finally after 14 weeks of the event I perform a test of HIV along with a blood count and a smac 24.results were ANTIGEN-ANTIBODY HIV (1-2) NOT DETECTED and the other test were ok. i start to loss weight.I repeat the same test combo afther 28 weeks undetected HIV but slightly inflamed liver SGPT 46U / l (which scared me a lot, another symptom of HIV) afther 33 weeks in an HIV counseling center i got fast blood test resulting in non-reactive. this day I am writing with diarea,headaches and thrush in the mouth .. the symptoms were summarized they were a lot more. so after this. what are the steps to follow in order to rule out infecccion by HIV.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

You are negative from this encounter and have taken the necessary steps to rule out HIV infection. Any HIV testing done outside of the three month window can be considered conclusive. Your 33 week test indicates you are negative from this encounter.

If your symptoms continue, I would suggest working with a doctor to rule out other possible causes.

In health,

Richard

Previous
4 week fingerpick test accuracy
Next
"Please reply.... joint roach scare"

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.