Follow-up to "RE: Worry over HIV risk from blood on volleyball **4th time asking** Blood and breastmilk donation** PLEASE, PLEASE ANSWER"

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q220131.html

Thank you so much for answering my question. I REALLY appreciate it. I just wanted to ask you one more question, for clarification on the direct/immediate topic. I know that a blood smudge on the intact skin of my arm would not be an HIV or Hep risk, but would that be considered any risk at all (even a small risk) if I would have had blood smudge on my hands, where I had dry, peeling skin? I did not see any visable blood on my hands, from the volleyball or from myself from my dry skin, but my hands were peeling a little, from being so dry. The only spot on myself that I saw bleeding from was on top of my hand, from my knuckle. But if blood would have gone from the other girl, to the volleyball to my hands, where the skin was dry and peeling (but not active bleeding), all within a matter of seconds, would that be considered direct/immediate, or would that be considered a risk at all with dry peeling hands?

Thanks so much for the clarification. Have a great day!

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

No it would not count as direct and immediate. You're not directly touching the source of blood (girl to ball to you is not direct). Likewise, you're not getting it inside your body immediately after it leaves that person. You most certainly did not have a way for it to get into your body.

It definitely sounds like this is something that's haunting you and relief seems to be hard to come by. At this point, I'm curious if our back and forth (clarification) is what it's going to take to make you feel better over the long term. It sounds like a face to face conversation with a mental health professional can help you get to a place where you can manage this tremendous anxiety that you've been feeling.

Please consider at the very least finding a few numbers of counselors in your area, when you feel interested/ready to set up an appointment.. you'll already have the numbers ready to call.

Hope this helps!

Erik

30min open but non bleeding cut in close to finger nail..
4 week fingerpick test accuracy