30min open but non bleeding cut in close to finger nail..

Hello Doctor,

I have a question and would really appreciate it if you can answer it...knowing that your quite busy answering many other important questions.

I had an open but NON bleeding finger nail cut 30-60 min before i was fingering a girl. which of course i noticed it after we finished...what are my risks of an HIV infection if she was infected? what about Hepatitas-B infection also?

Thank you for your time and best regards.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

There is no evidence to support transmission of HIV through finger contact with genitals. It is possible that other sexually transmitted infections could be transmitted through finger contact, but it is unlikely. As for Hepatitis, I would not be too concerned either. Be advised, you can get your Hepatitis A/B combo vaccine from your doctor or local clinic. It is a serious of three shots that are given over the course of a year.

In health,

Richard

"Dropped undies In women's locker room floor? HIV?" STDs?
Follow-up to "RE: Worry over HIV risk from blood on volleyball **4th time asking** Blood and breastmilk donation** PLEASE, PLEASE ANSWER"