"Dropped undies In women's locker room floor? HIV?" STDs?

I am paranoid about contracting HIV or any ther std.. After I showered, I was changing and my undies fell on the floor. If I can remember, I don't think, I hope, the part of my underwear that come sin contact with my body didn't touch the ground.. But f it did could I have contracted it? Should I be worried?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

You have no risk for contracting HIV/STDs from this situation.

You hit another nail on the head though, this has more to do with how you're feeling (some paranoia) rather than any real risk.

Are these thoughts that seem to haunt you even after you've been told that you have no risk? If so, i'm concerned that even answering you here will only provide a temporary sense of relief. However, we want you to feel better for the long term!

Please check out our "Are You a 'Worried Well' Person?" article. Does any of this sound familiar? If so, please consider talking with a mental health professional dedicated to helping you find emotional relief. Believe me, talking to someone is definitely one way to get to a better place!

Hope this helps!

Erik

Could my antibody test be wrong?
30min open but non bleeding cut in close to finger nail..