HIV & Toilet paper

I recently went to the toilet in work (staff toilet in a hospital). After doing what I needed to do, I noticed that there was some blood (or what looked like it) on the seat. I am not sure of the length of tine it was there for but I was sat there a minute or two. I wiped it off as I didmt want anyone to think it was me and discarded the paper immediately before checking that it wasn't me. What would ve the chances of catching anything in this situation? Also, what would be the chances of catching anything if I had used the toilet paper I had cleaned the toilet seat to wipe me? I didn't but I find myself questioning the sequence if events as I'm worried to death. Many Thanks.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I would not be concerned. HIV does not live well outside of the body. Even if there was blood - any virus that was in it, would be unable to infect someone. As for Hepatitis (and HIV), it would need a portal of entry into your bloodstream. The scenario you are describing would not provide that.

In health,

Richard

re: PLEASE ANSWER!!! SCARED!!!
Outside Condom