DNA PCR /RNA PCR/ NAT
Mar 13, 2012
Can you explain the difference in these tests DNA PCR/ RNA PCR/ NAT?
Which are better at detecting early infection? Would they all detect all subtypes of HIV? Would a negative NAT/DNA/RNA and atibody after 4 weeks be conclusive? When woudl a negative DNA/RNA/NAT beconclusive?
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there Check out this article as I think it answers all of the questions you have.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Inverted Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Raw Oysters?
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
- I Have A Discharge Does That Mean I Have A Std
- In A Cbc Count What Tells You If You Have An Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.