DNA PCR /RNA PCR/ NAT
Mar 13, 2012
Can you explain the difference in these tests DNA PCR/ RNA PCR/ NAT?
Which are better at detecting early infection? Would they all detect all subtypes of HIV? Would a negative NAT/DNA/RNA and atibody after 4 weeks be conclusive? When woudl a negative DNA/RNA/NAT beconclusive?
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there Check out this article as I think it answers all of the questions you have.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Groin Pain A Symptom Of HIV?
- Flu Symptoms After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.