Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Answer me ASAP.. Please... First time asking question .pregnant mother.
Mar 12, 2012

Hi there.. I am going crazy.. REALLY! Ok.. So I made some horrible choices and now I am paying for them.. It started like four years ago I cheated on my husband with a co worker we would see eachother on and off we had unprotected vaginal and oral sex me on him and him on me... ... Anyways for a period of 2/3 yrs... We saw eachother like mayb 4/5 times and had unprotected sex.. anyways I am not sure but I think the last time we saw saw eachother was June 2011.. then on 11/2/2012 I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant from my husband.. anyways at the OBGYN they said I tested positive for chlamydia I probably had it all the time when I was seeing that guy... Anyways they gave three or.four pills of azithromycin for me and my husband... I.didn't tell him what it was for.just that I had gotten an infection... Anyways I.went back to test they said clamydia was gone... I tested for hiv blood test on Dec.2011 I.got negative test on Dec. 15, 2011.. then I was still very scared on Feb..2011 I got another hiv test done and again was negative... Now.. I am getting almost every single symptom of hiv in a woman .. diarrhea.. weight loss... I have completely lost my appetite.. feel very very depressed I don't even get out of bed ... I have body aches in my back and all around my neck... And I feel like my neck is.swollen.. I later learned the guy I.was.seeing had been with a lot of girls and not always used.protection. he says he feels fine and he doesn't have aids.. but I.don't believe him... I am sooo scared.. that my depression is killing my family I have a 6 yr.old daughter and a husband who I love... And another baby girl on the way... I am soo scared even though I.already tested I am still scared cus of all this.symptoms I am having... Please... Help me..... Should I test again????... What test should I take to know for sure if iam infected or.not??????? When can I stop testing and know for sure I am not infected with hiv???? Please I beg you help me... Another bug concern I have is that June 2011 was the last time I saw that guy... But I've read on cdc that hiv is not transmitted EVERYTIME you have sex then how can you know when you get infected?? And when you can stop testing??? Please answer ALL this questions especially this last one... Please I am a very scared soon to be mom with a family ... I want to move on but I feel that I will NEVER be able too... Thank.you for reading this and for your answers in advance... Please help me... Thank u again...

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

From what you are telling me, you are negative from this situation. You can get an accurate HIV test result 90 days after an incident. Each time you had unprotected sex with this man, your 90 day window moved. The last time you had sex with him was June 2011. Your test in December was well outside the 90 day window. You are negative. You do not need to test anymore.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Sex with a Tijuana prostitute.
Next
Dead Sick

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.