Sex with a Tijuana prostitute.

Hi Doc, I recently had sex with a Tijuana prostitute and have been feeling anxious. We used a condom during the whole thing, but when I finished and I pulled out the condom looked.... I guess kinda red.... I wasn't sure if maybe she was on her period, or maybe she used a lambskin condom and that's how it looked(I have never seen one before & this makes me feel way more anxious)... Now I cant help but to feel anxious until the 3 month window period is up and I get tested.. I dont know why I've also been thinking a lot about what the chances of her using a defective condom is(A CONDOM WITH A HOLE) I guess you can say I'm super paranoid.The fact that she was at "work" when she might have been on her period just disgusted me and is making have a lot of negative thoughts... What would you say my chances of getting Hiv are?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

If she was using a condom, it is likely a latex one. They are more readily available and cheaper. If she is using a lot of them, she is likely using whatever is easiest and cheapest to find. If the condom was defective, it's likely that it would have torn, and you would have noticed that when you pulled out of your partner because your penis would have been exposed.

It sounds like you effectively protected yourself against HIV. I do not think you need to be tested for this incident in particular. Some STD's, like Syphilis are transmitted via skin-to-skin contact. Using a condom will not always protect you.

I would suggest testing for all STD's every six months, or at least on an annual basis.

In health,

Richard

Please Help I am very worried
Answer me ASAP.. Please... First time asking question .pregnant mother.