vomit/ gastric juices
Mar 11, 2012
hi was pulling residual from a gtube of a hiv positve pt and some splattered on my hand. there were no cuts or scratched area that i could see. what are the chances i can catch hiv from this patient should i get checked? thanks
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi You are good! There has to be a direct exchange of body fluid and from what you described this didn't occur.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Early Can Acute Retroviral Syndrome Occur?
- How Long Should I Wait To Get Tested Std?
- Is A 7 Month Negative Hiv Rapid Test Conclusive?
- Diagnostic Tests For Liver Function
- How Long Antibodies Will Stay In Blood Of Hiv Positive?
- What Percent Chance Of Getting Hiv If Stuck With A Contaminated Needle?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.