HIV risk on a surface? DOC IM SCARED FOR MY LIFE!
Mar 11, 2012
56 days ago on December 20 2011 drops of HIV+ blood dropped on a surface in my house from a friend of mine. 3 hrs later I cleaned it with tissues soaked with rubbing alcohol and washed my hands for 4 minutes. My question is: If my penis touched the same surface today February 13 2012 CAN I GET HIV from the surface?! I'm worried! When should I get tested? Thanks in advance!
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi You are safe, no you cannot get HIV from what you have described. HIV dies shortly after leaving the body.
Rest assured!! Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does Diarrhea Last In The Early Stages Of Hiv?
- When A Person Is Incarcerated Do They Get Tested For Hiv And Std?
- Can Vaginal Secretions Cause Hiv?
- Difference Between Hiv Positive And Hiv Negative
- I Have All Symptoms Of Hiv After Unprotected Sex
- Can A Person Be Hiv Positive For Years And Have No Symptoms?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.