Onset of possible hiv symptoms
Mar 11, 2012
My partner is suffering from alcohol abuse and had sexual intercourse with an unknown woman. Four days after this encounter, he started having fever (between 38-39C) and developped oral thrush. Can the symptoms appear as early as this? Can he be tested this soon? Thank you for your help.
Response from Ms. Southall
HI I highly doubt that the symptoms he is experiencing are from this exposure. The standard for testing is to have the first test about 3 weeks from the exposure Rapid HIV tests and then at day 28 and at day 90 and are very accurate!
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Risk Of Toilet Splash?
- Is Tingling In Feet An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis C From Sharing A Pipe?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.