|Need retest or not?
Mar 9, 2012
Thanks for reply, i have unsafe sex 3 months ago and we test our blood(Hiv) at 90 days and result came all negative should we need another test or not? plz answer me, hoping ur answer, thank you.
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi Not knowing the status of the person you were with, the answer is that for rapid HIV tests, whether oral swab or blood are very accurate at 28 days, and conclusive at 90 days. However, when someone has had a known exposure to someone with HIV, you could perform a six month test, just to be extra cautious.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do I Need To Retest For Hiv At 6 Months?
- Ache In Testicles After Touching Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Groin Pain After Happy Ending Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.