HIV home test

First of all i know im being really stupid, i think i just need it told to me.

After a flippant comment made to me by my doctor, i convinced myself i had HIV, as i used to work in taking blood samples. I looked around on the internet and found a website www.hivkits.co.uk which sold hiv kits to the UK by a company called LabPro.

I bought the test. It was delivered in a air tight sealed packet, involving a finger prick by a lancet. The result was negative but a few days later i have noticed the website has been taken down.

I'm now stressing unbelievably. I know the tests weren't FDA approved but it did say they were USAID approved. Im worried about why the website was taken down literally the day after I got my test. I know this sounds stupid but im concerned i could have gotten HIV from the lancet. Im aware HIV can't live outside the body for long but is this still the case if its in a air tight container?

I'm getting really worried, i keep checking myself over for swollen lymph nodes and can feel some under my chin, which is just adding to my anxiety.

I'd really appreciate if somone could help me put my mind at rest.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Unfortunately, unless it is FDA approved I cannot say for sure how accurate it would be. I am not sure why the website was taken down. It's quite easy to get a rapid HIV test in most areas. You can stop in and have your results in as little as 30 minutes. You can find the nearest facility here.

For more information on approved home testing kits, visit the FDA's website here.

In health,

Richard

Does my risk increase the window period?
Depression or HIV