HIV risk with Lancet

Hi, I accidently pricked myself with a used lancet. There was no visible blood on the lancet and I did not bleed when it pricked me. I am concerned because I do not know this persons HIV status and I am pregnant. What should I do??

Thank you in advance!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I would not be concerned. HIV does not live well outside of the human body. Within a minutes time, the virus starts to die, leaving it unable to infect someone. That being said, a needle stick is a needle stick. I would get tested at the 90 day mark, just for the heck of it. I am confident that your test will come back negative.

Bottom line: I would not be too concerned and be more careful in the future.

In health,

is tranfer of HIV possible through cotton balls??
PCR Test enough?