Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Deep kissing and oral
Mar 4, 2012

Hi, In the past 7 months, I've had 3 partners. I've NEVER come in contact with semen, precum, or vaginal fluid. I've gotten a BJ twice and the third person all we did is make out and mutually masterbate. They all took tests after our exposures and tested negative, and all swear they don't have HIV. In the first two instances with the BJ's, I never noticed ANY blood so I don't think that was much of a risk.

But on the third occasion, we made out and jacked eachother off. There was no ejaculation at all. We were in the dark so I don't know if there was blood in his mouth at all, but his lips were chapped. About two weeks after this instance, I got swollen lymph nodes, fatigued, and a little bit of an upset stomach. But he got tested 2 and 7 weeks after our incident, and tested negative both times and swears that I've been his only exposure for the past 4 months, and that he is negative.

Should I be worried? Am I at risk? All I've been thinking about is HIV, and I'm really worried to take the test.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi We do know that oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV Transmission. You could just have a cold or virus going on that can be causing the symptoms. It sounds like for your peace of mind getting tested would be a great option for you. For rapid HIV tests, whether oral swab or blood are very accurate at 28 days, and conclusive at 90 days.

Is HIV transmission possible in this situation, yes probable no. But not knowing for sure the status of the partners and even yours, I would recommend you getting tested.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
my baby scratch me
Next
Four month HIV nagetive, low cd4 count

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.