I had a (-) HIV test six months ago; why did I need another today?

Hello. I just officially found out today I am pregnant, and I have already taken a preliminary, preconception HIV test six months ago along with other blood work and it came back negative, but I was sent out for another test today. I am confused about this, since my husband and I are completely monogamous with each other and have participated in no other risky behavior since the test last August (he works in Blood Bank and has tested HIV- following an occasional contact with blood). Is it possible that the first test in August 2011 was a false positive or was not done correctly, or was the repeat test required for legal purposes? All my other blood work was normal, including the CBC, syphilis test, and hepatitis B test, and I have had no health issues other than a few typical pregnancy symptoms, such as fatigue, cramps, and breast tenderness, not even the so called "morning sickness". Do I need to be concerned? I don't want my initial happiness at the knowledge of being pregnant to go up in smoke over the uncertainty of a new HIV test result.

Hi, Congratulations on your pregnancy. The CDC has recommended that all pregnant women get tested for HIV. This is just a routine test to ensure that both you and your baby will be safe. This is one way to get society to understand that HIV is a health care issue not a behavior issue. There is no need to be concerned, just glad to know that your health care provider is on top of their medical screenings and want to ensure that you are getting the best possible care!

Truvada meds
Prezista, Norvir and Truvada with or without food??