Mar 2, 2012
My little sister is at a boot camp for troubled teens, and a girl put her bloody tampon in my sisters canteen. My sister did not know until she went to refill her water. We don't know for sure if the girl has hiv or aids but my mom and my dad are all freaked out and my sister is upset and crying. The people at the boot camp are running tests on her. They still haven't told us weather or not the girl is infected with the virus but if she is can my sister get hiv for this?
Response from Dr. Wohl
No. It was cruel and gross but risk of HIV infection is pretty much zilch. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Yeast Infection Cream Cure Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Will My Husband Get Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Why Can't Herpes Be Permanently Cured?
- When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia Again After Treatment?
- What Else Can Cause Blisters Besides Genital Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Spreading Herpes With No Symptoms?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.