Mar 2, 2012
My little sister is at a boot camp for troubled teens, and a girl put her bloody tampon in my sisters canteen. My sister did not know until she went to refill her water. We don't know for sure if the girl has hiv or aids but my mom and my dad are all freaked out and my sister is upset and crying. The people at the boot camp are running tests on her. They still haven't told us weather or not the girl is infected with the virus but if she is can my sister get hiv for this?
Response from Dr. Wohl
No. It was cruel and gross but risk of HIV infection is pretty much zilch. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Light Sensitivity Symptom Of HIV?
- Receiving Oral Sex Hiv Transmission
- When One Should Be Concerned About Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Is An Rna Test Conclusive?
- How Long Can Thrush Go Untreated Before It Gets Serious?
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.