Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Risky HIV Exposure and ARS Symptoms
Mar 2, 2012

Hello. I had unprotected oral and vaginal sex with a girl I just met in a bar in Eastern Europe. She claimed to be from Germany, but do not know her history at all. We started with condom, came off and kept going. Stupid yes, was drunk and not thinking correctly.

Now I am paying the price with crazy anxiety over the encounter.

3 days after had tingles and itchy penis. Some small pimples and very small chancer appeared on shaft. No discharge or anything. Slight irritation after urine.

Did full panel of STD tests 7 days after, which all where negative. I have since learned way to early to test.

10 days out had episodic rashes all over, small pimples on thigh, small brownish spots neck. Rash clear after a a day. Small Brown spots still there. Some (4-5) molluscum spots on trunck, seem to be clearing.

High anxiety levels now!

14 days out. Urine irratation gone. Went to clinic for another full work up. Urine tests look to be clear. Waiting for full STD blood panels. DOC would not do HIV RnA test. So did antibody test. Still waiting results.

High anxiety levels still!

ARS or stress? Days 15 - 16... Still having episodic rash when I stress, episodic "flu"/sick feelings, headache, tight stomach, lost 2 lbs in last few days from not eating as much... These have come and gone throughout the day. As well, tightness in neck near clavicles.

Doc I saw at day 14 says relax and wait for tests, but I cannot, I'm so stressed by these symptoms.

I plan to retest at 21 days, 28 days and 3 months.

I know I have risky exposure, but what do you think of my ARS symptoms?

Thanks for your help.

Response from Dr. Wohl

The symptoms are too quick for ARS. But perfect for syphilis. It sounds like you are getting good care. Listen to those people. DW

Previous
Aids
Next
HIV from a staple?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.