Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Anxiety, lots of drinking as result...Need help
Mar 1, 2012

About 6 weeks ago I had an encounter in where I was the top. The man I was with was very forthcoming and told me that he gets tested every three months, practices safe sex and assured me he was clean. During sex I pulled out because I was losing my erection. When I did this the tip of the condom remain in his anus and the rest of it hung down outside. I don't think it slipped off while inside but it is this incident that makes me scared. If it did it would have been a few minutes, but I think im just overreacting. I put it back on MADE SURE that it never came off again and finished. No blood and def no breakage cause i checked. 3 weeks later I got a swollen lymph node in my neck and a sore throat. This was mild and lasted a few days to a week. My stress levels since the experience have been extremely high as I am terrified of HIV. I have been drinking alot as a result of this which I know doesnt help. Lately I have had pain in side rib cage and upper back area off and on and of course am scared its hiv related. Otherwise no sickness, no other swelling,no weight loss, no rash etc. The Guy I was with assured me he was clean and even claims to have gotten another test afterward just to prove to me. He says he came out negative and has been very good about listening to me fears but assures me Im okay. Im getting tested in a week. Can you give me some advice to keep me from losing my mind? Please. Thank you.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

From what you are describing, it doesn't sound like you were at risk in this situation. If the condom had come off while you were inside of him, it's likely that it would have been inside of him when you pulled out. It was hanging outside of him which would indicate that the condom probably was on your penis and started to slip off as you were pulling out. I would not be too concerned.

In health,

Richard

Previous
HIV through anal sex
Next
Need help urgently

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.