Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Confused by recent answer regarding oral sex and testing
Feb 29, 2012

In a recent post, Mr. Cordova indicated that he would not suggest testing for oral sex. He suggested testing because the poster was married and stressed. Pleased explain as I heard differing opions on oral sex transmission, however, this site always indicated although low risk, one should test due to performing unprotected oral sex. Is this a new school of thought to not necessarily test for oral?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

In my opinion, you do no not need to get tested every time you engage in oral sex irregardless of whether or not it is protected or unprotected. However, everyone has their own opinion. All of the training I have received has taught me that oral sex is not a high risk activity and does not warrant separate testing. You must decide what is right for you.

In health,

Richard

Previous
How can I catch "HPV Human Papiloma virus"?
Next
HIV through anal sex

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.