|test results reported?
Feb 29, 2012
if i tested positive for gonorrhea in michigan, would that be reported in michigan, and then in turn would a health officer be in contact with my wife?
| Response from Mr. Cordova
Cases of STD's are reported to the state and local health departments, but unless you tell them your wife was a sexual partner, they would have no reason to contact her. They would not contact her simply because she was your wife.
If you have engaged in unprotected penetrative sex of any kind, you have also put yourself at risk for HIV. I would suggest a full round of STD screenings including HIV at the three month mark. You must wait three months before you can get a conclusive HIV test result.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Mandatory Reporting If You Have An STD In Michigan
- Bloody Pee After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rash After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.