Negative HIV test result at 5 months "true negative"
Feb 29, 2012
I had a negative elisa hiv test at 5 months post possible incident. can i be confident in my negative blood test? can i confidently have sex with my soon to be husband... and not have to worry about infecting him? or is it recommended i get another since i have only had one at the post 5 months. i had no other risky encounters after my test.
Response from Mr. Glenn
Thanks for your question,
We can trust your 5 month test! Our general recommendation is to get tested at 3 months and you waited even longer!
Sounds like you're negative.
Hope this helps!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Scared To Death
- Bronchitis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.