Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Worry over "HIV risk first time EMERGENCY" during protected vaginal sex
Feb 28, 2012

Hey, this is my first time here and Ive been reading a lot of information from fellow users. First off back in November 2011 I had my first protected sexual intercourse with a friend of mine. She had more than 15 boyfriends and her HIV status is unknown to me. Currently it is near the 3rd month before I will test for any HIV and I would want to know my risk invovled. Ive been experiencing a ton of anxiety and had psychological symptoms. the only symptoms Ive had were tiredness and fatigue, no fever or swollen lymph nodes. Also note that during this sexual act I was only in her for less than 2 minutes as I didnt last long and I ejaculated in the condom. I also had a flu shot and am on a Hepatitis B vaccine, 2nd dosage. Any input would be appreciated. I've been extremely worried and tired for the past week. In 2 weeks i will be doing the blood test.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Since the sex you had with your friend was protected, you didn't have any risk for HIV from it.

It doesn't matter so much how many boyfriends she's had in the past (good for her, for having a good time!). What does matter is if your sex was risky, which it was not.

Sometimes the things closest to us are hardest to see.. you've given me tons of reasons why you'd be feeling funny in the past couple weeks. Add plain ol' stress to that list!

Hope this helps!

Erik

Previous
"Did this exposure put me in HIV risk? Please answer!"
Next
"Very Nervous Need Help" regarding supposed HIV symptoms after protected sex

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.