"Did this exposure put me in HIV risk? Please answer!"

Hello.

First of all i need to say this. Please answer my question. I need an expert to answer this. Otherwise im too scared to get tested. This has ruined the last three years of my life!

I'm a 25 year old guy. Three years ago I went to a strip club in Mexico.I had a lap dance that lasted for about 3 minutes. I had my clothes fully on and the girl only had a g-string on. Nothing special really happened. She had her breasts on my face for like 5 seconds and i touched her breasts and body for the whole dance. Im not sure but i may have touched her vagina for just a few seconds( like 3seconds maybe). My fingers did definetlty not go inside her i just wiped my hand through that area.. I wasn't drunk I'm just not sure if i touched.

Ever since after that I have been sure that i got Hiv ( or other STD) from her. Maybe through a littlecuton myfingeror breastmilkinto my eye or something else.

The thing is that I am too scared to get tested! I've never hadsexbecause im so afraid of STDs. Thats why Im posting this. It has ruined the last 3years of my life. I even had to drop out of college because of this.

I've had plenty of symptoms ever since. Extreme fatigue has been the biggest symptom and has lasted constantly for 3years. Could it be from this extreme stress? Also now for the last few months i've had dry mouth and yellowish tongue.

Please answer:

1. Is it possible that I could have got HIV or other STD from this exposure? 2. Could my symptoms be from stress?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

You were not at risk for HIV from this incident. Therefore you did not get HIV from it.

HIV is a relatively hard virus to get, it only happens when HIV+ body fluid comes out of someone's body and goes directly/immediately into yours. All of this needs to happen. All of them. In your situation, none of these things happened.

There's no small accidental tiny little way for HIV to infect someone. There literally needs to be something as undeniable as a penis going in a vagina for it to happen. Again, that's not your case at all.

It sounds like this is something that has been causing you grief for a long time though.. Not just because of the lap dance, but it sounds like you have a much broader fear of HIV/STDs, even when there's not apparent risk.

If that's the case, and it sounds like it is, please please please consider talking to someone about this. That should be someone you trust enough to confide in, probably a counselor or therapist. If you're not ready to take that leap, browse online or the yellow pages to find some options in your community. That way when you're ready you can make the phone call for an appointment.

We want to make sure that you don't only feel better for a little while, but rather find life-long relief for your anxiety. Your stress is definitely playing a role is how you're feeling physically.

Hope this helps!

Erik

"serodiscordant relationship and unprotected anal sex"
Worry over "HIV risk first time EMERGENCY" during protected vaginal sex